Is a seller scamming ebay or the postal service

mroberts198
New Community Member

About 6 months ago I bought an item from a seller.  Within 24 hours, they marked it as shipped and then provide the tracking number on ebay.  Oddly, 2 days later, I get a call from a person with a very foreign accent in a loud call center.  He says that my package was lost in transit and they are overnighting a new replacement unit, free of charge to me.

So, that whole deal seemed weird, but it didn't impact me, so I didn't think much of it.  I did keep tracking that 'original' tracking number they gave me and it showed as eventually arriving in some other town.

The weird part comes now.  2 days ago, I ordered the exact same item from the same seller.  They posted a USPS tracking number almost immediately and still today, it shows that it isn't even in transit yet.

NOW, I just got a phone call from another heavily accented person, who is clearly in a call center.  What do you know, he has the exact same story as last time.  Apparently, my package was lost in transit and they are sending me a new one, overnight, free of charge.

I just cannot help but think that there is some scam going on here, whether they are buying insurance from ebay, usps, ups or something and filing a fake claim or something.  I just hate scams!  The item arrived last time and was just as described.  I am sure I'll get the item this time too, but this fake story about losing the item in the mail is just weird and CLEARLY a lie.

Any ideas?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.