Is Upflux Pte Ltd a scam company?

laura_swann
New Community Member

I ordered a grass cutter and a plant cutter paying with my Visa card through PayPal on the evening of December 4.

I check my email after wards. I got an email from PayPal but not from the supplier.

Paypal sent an email about my order  and the next thing, instead of A$35.00 taken from my account, it was taken out US$55.00 something.

As I haven’t got any email from the supplier until now, I check their website which was provided by PayPal.

I am getting worried that I might be scam as there are lots of people complaining that it is a scam. I check my banking statement and they already taken out the money from my account. 
Is Upflux Pte Ltd a scam company or not. Will I be able to get a refund back.

Your help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@laura_swann 

No idea, but best to check google reviews before you buy from any website.

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tidbit414
Must be, I ordered on Dec 18,2019 they got $33.98. Not got my trimmer, it is 1/6/2020. I hate a scammer. Nowhere to contact them.
Login to Me Too

Kirraboots
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered 28 December and just got it!!  All it is is the blade. No way to attach to my grass cutter.  I should have known better than to buy from shoddy Chinese !  Be careful as this professional American looking promo videos are often just fronts for cheap Chinese crap !! No instructions, no bolts, no screws n o nothing !!! 

Login to Me Too

Leo8888
Contributor
Contributor

Yes definitely is a scam... All I received is a broken blade with nothing else inside... the package was sent from this Chinese address:

<removed> but a google search didn't result in anything...

Also the website listed in Paypal doesn't exist and there is no way of contacting them... I have opened a dispute in Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Leo8888
Contributor
Contributor

PAYPAL EMPLOYEE MUST BE ON IT IN THIS SCAM

UPFLUX PTE. LTD is definetely a scam company... but what is worse is they must have people inside Paypal which are helping them get away with it...

I bought a trimmer and all I got was a blade with nothing to attach and no bolt or instructions...the website they have listed on Paypal doesn't go anywhere. So I put a claim through Paypal.

After about a month, I receive an email from them saying that because I didn't supply the tracking they requested several times, the claim had been closed to the advantage of UPFLUX PTE. LTD . I didn't receive any emails asking me for the tracking.

I am going to cancel my Paypal as I have no trust any longer in this company.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Leo8888 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.

If you win a dispute for item received but not as described then you get an email from paypal OR it tells you in the resolution centre to return the item for a refund.

Also Paypal may contribute towards return costs IF you have activated the below link (if available in your country).
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MagsQ1951
New Community Member
I also bought a grass cutter on 27th April which I have not yet received and ordered extra blades which arrived a couple of days ago and they are no use to me without the cutter. I also got an email a few days ago saying I would have to buy an adapter to use the extra blades which was not mentioned at the time of purchase. I have tried on numerous occasions to contact the company with no success and have also complained to PayPal who have not bothered to answer me either. We have been scammed and I thought by buying trough PayPal we would have some protection but it seems not. Very disappointed by PayPal not to follow up on the complaints of their customers.
Login to Me Too

Cuddles2
New Community Member

I don't think that Upflux Pte Ltd is a scam company they just have the US demographics and not the Australian, I have bought their complete range of grass cutting implements' each piece has to be bought individually. you don't need to buy the headpiece as I did because it will not fit any grass cutting attachments here, I originally bought it for my Ryobi grass trimmer and found that the internal spline did not fit the Ryobi model, my fix was to buy the bottom half of a Ryobi straight line Trimmer and a left-handed nylox hex nut, take off the line spool and you will find that everything fits nicely, I have tried it and have no problems.

The latest piece from the grass or scrub cutting just arrived this morning 23/09/2020 its The chain saw blade and I'm dying to see how it fits all I can say about the UpFlux company is that they are a little bit long in the tooth when delivering a product but It always shows up at least for me.

As to PayPal, I have never had any problems with them when it comes to a dispute with a seller they have always backed me up when I buy anything from overseas, and in Australia, I would not have it any other way, as far as I'm concerned they are the best.

Login to Me Too

Jelvus

I disputed this pending charge to PayPal and got a reply back that tsaid his charge was consistent with my purchases and wasn't going to be covered. Time to delete PayPal?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.