Is Scaner.com, Scaner.club a scammer?

findingzzero
Contributor
Contributor

3 mdays ago I made an unwise purchase. I did a search of the company before I ordered and came up with nothing so I proceeded to order ($68.15 to Scaner.co). The price for the item was about 1/3 that of other sellers. The co. then came up in a search, but as Scaner.club. There was one article that claimed this was a scam. They have accepted payment. Other than that article and the seriously low price, I have no evidence that it is a scam. What should Ido? Wait?

Login to Me Too
58 REPLIES 58

abrownpe

I had a similar complaint about a different Chinese company.   I ordered a power took kit, they posted the transaction and sent me a Chinese tracking link which showed my package had been delivered to an international air freight.   But no further.  They never sent me a transaction summary.   I tried the contact email addresses, all bad.  I didn't use Paypal, I used Amex.  After 20 days with no updates, no communications capable, I contacted AMEX.  Surprisingly the AMEX rep was rude.  I've used AMEX for many purchases and had to reject 2 in the over $1,000 price range, always without a problem.  This was only for $99 and AMEX asked, why do you think its a scam, when did you get quoted delivery, itemize what's in the delivery, have you tried to contact the vendor, etc.  Finally, we'll log it as a dispute.  I think the Chinese are into a scam and it's spreading.

Login to Me Too

kchampel
Contributor
Contributor
So I made a similar mistake. Saw a great deal one evening and quickly ordered without doing my research. After I realized it was probably a scam I emailed asking to cancel the order. They said they couldn't cancel the order only do returns when received. I got my tracking number and waited feeling I had no other option. Hoping for the best I received my China post package today. I ordered a makita backpack blower and received 5 kn95 masks. Those Chinese masks are worthless. Attempting to return but I'm sure I'm out my initial investment. After the fact I reviewed their website and noticed that everything has the same price. Don't order from this site. Not sure how they got in my Google search results. Oh well, live and learn.
Login to Me Too

Jordan103
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, huge scam, just got my face masks instead of the Milwaukee impact driver I ordered. Also got a email from the Omaha Nebraska “home office” and they said they were in no way affiliated with that company and they were aware someone was using their address.
Login to Me Too

kchampel
Contributor
Contributor
Sent a complaint email to the original email I received from the company. Surprisingly they responded. Stated they have been super busy and the masks are one of their best sellers and it was a mistake. Said they would resend my originally ordered item. The have shipped something my way, probably some more masks. Will see when it arrives.
Login to Me Too

Diane_5
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing they told me but won't happen.
Login to Me Too

findingzzero
Contributor
Contributor

As the OP, has anyone got any satisfaction from PAYPAL on this issue, or is this just a place to blow off steam and be scammed by PAYPAL that they are 'investigating.'  Another way to see this (I'm a liberal and a scientist, so I suffer from seeing more than one way to look at a problem 😉).  How about, it's your CC co. that should cover you. Paypal just protects your CC # from fraudsters. If so, why don't they just tell you that..

Login to Me Too

Samwooly
Contributor
Contributor
I’m a die hard conservative so I fought to the end and got my money back from paypal yesterday. Took a couple months and had to reopen the case and escalated many levels higher after paypal originally sided with seller. Ordered a saw stand for $60.68 and they sent fake k95 masks. DON’T BE FOOLISH AND GIVE UP!
Login to Me Too

lazydrone
Contributor
Contributor
After after getting the runaround with PayPal for a couple of months I decided to dispute it through my credit card (chase). They credited the amount right away while they opened an investigation. Got notice this morning they permanently approved it. Took a couple of weeks. My suggestion is if you used a credit card in conjunction with PayPal, deal with your credit card company. Most tend to be buyer friendly and take fraud seriously. Nowadays the dispute process is usually a very simple online process. This is the last time I ever try and dispute through PayPal. The credit card company will reclaim the amount from PayPal anyway- so kind of forces their hand. Good Luck!
Login to Me Too

louist1
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, don't hold your breath... I got the same email... I'm sure that PayPal is getting a kick back from these scammers..

Login to Me Too

Tmoney4
Contributor
Contributor
Fact a scam. A scary one at that. They had dewalt batteries for dirt cheap like $20 a pop so I didnt mind seeing what would happen. My pay pal went through and 35 days later I get a package in side is an open ziplock bag of cloth masks. Kinda gross and very creepy. I through it all away and washed my hands.***** ITS A SCAM PEOPLE*****
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.