Is Scaner.com, Scaner.club a scammer?

findingzzero
Contributor
Contributor

3 mdays ago I made an unwise purchase. I did a search of the company before I ordered and came up with nothing so I proceeded to order ($68.15 to Scaner.co). The price for the item was about 1/3 that of other sellers. The co. then came up in a search, but as Scaner.club. There was one article that claimed this was a scam. They have accepted payment. Other than that article and the seriously low price, I have no evidence that it is a scam. What should Ido? Wait?

Login to Me Too
58 REPLIES 58

AShaw213
Contributor
Contributor
I also bought some very well priced things Saturday. It did seem too good to be true, so I called the contact number on the website and it was not only not in service, but it was for Alabama. The address they gave was in a completely different state. This definitely feels like a scam.
Login to Me Too

Partsman83
Contributor
Contributor

I also got scammed by this site. Very smart, low price sucks you in so you don't think of researching first. I guess there's a first time for everything. 

Won't happen to me again. 

Chatted with PayPal rep and got nothing resolved. 

Scaner Club is a total scam! 

another clue should have been the incorrect spelling (scaner) with one N.

Login to Me Too

Jordan103
Contributor
Contributor
The phone number is a fake number, disconected. There website somehow makes it to the top of googles list when your ordering something, never had a problem ordering from weird websites before, but when I got the receipt on paypal and noticed the weird gmail account and user I got suspicious. Trying to figure out how to get my money back already but probably just got **bleep**.
Login to Me Too

douxecho
Contributor
Contributor
If your transaction is still pending, the best thing to do is call your credit card company and open a dispute for your transaction AND cancel that credit card account, immediately. The scammer got your delivery address. I don't know wheter they get your card info. If they did, this will not be the last time they try to use it.
Login to Me Too

findingzzero
Contributor
Contributor

Using Paypal is supposed to protect your CC info. I checked the next day and the transaction was not 'pending.'

Login to Me Too

findingzzero
Contributor
Contributor

The tracking # finally worked this morn. Yep, China Post. Free shipping from China Post usually takes 2 mos. I order directly from China often (small things). You have to know what you are doing. That could account for the cheap price. The same product w/o the brand name, sells for about 1/4 the price you pay here. DeWalt doesn't sell from China so whatever comes (if anything), can't be legit. Mostly everything is made in China. In this case it's a DeWalt chain saw. If it actually comes in 2 mos it could be one diverted from their production line, or some knock-off. How do you file a dispute 2 mos later?

Login to Me Too

1GSP
Contributor
Contributor

I had a lengthy fight on a previous PayPal scam purchase from a Chinese company. They claim it was shipped, but I never received it. They were good about answering emails and stringing things along. Of course the longer from the purchase you go to PayPal, the harder it is to get your money back. I eventually (months) got my money back. That is why I used my MasterCard. It was declined and I thought that was because Scaner was trying to get me to use PayPal, but after I thought about this being a scam I contacted my credit card company and they informed be it was declined by their security algorithm. Too good to be true and perhaps they are thinking if they make the price low enough it may not be worth your time to fight it. Good luck. Hard to believe they were able to purchase a prime Search placement in Google. 

Login to Me Too

Diane_5
Contributor
Contributor
It's a scam. They sent us face masks to show they shipped something.
Login to Me Too

Jordan103
Contributor
Contributor
I did send them a message to their email listed on the scaner website, (which was different than the one on my paypal receipt) they got back to me and assured me that they were legit, it was written in very poor english. I also emailed the company that has the address in omaha nebraska, but haven't heard anything. Looked more at their website and it says nothing about shipping to the us, just the uk and australia.
Login to Me Too

douxecho
Contributor
Contributor

Everyone should file a complaint in the link below. It only takes a few minutes (describe your experience and transaction details):

https://complaint.ic3.gov/default.aspx?

I filed a complaint.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.