Is Paypal backing scammers and to heck with the consumer?

Dabel
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a quilt advertised as "Homemade, hand quilted, made of Brushed Kona Cotton" for $99.90 from a company in Texas.  I received the item from Texas but it is nothing like advertised.  It is cheap, nylon/polyester, horrible, sloppy attempt to machine quilt, loose stitching, knots, etc.  I asked the company to refund my money, they first asked me to accept $30 refund, nope.  Then they asked me to ship it to CHINA at my expense ($70-$80) for a refund, again, nope.  I filed a dispute with Paypal and knew they would have my back, wrong once again, Paypal wants me to ship the item to CHINA at my expense.  I lost my dispute.  Trust me when I say if you saw this junk at a dollar store for $10 you would keep walking, I can't even see myself making a dog bed with it.  So I researched and have found out the scamming company has 7-8 different names AND 7-8 different US addresses BUT not one of these addresses actually belong to this company, they are using the addresses of real US companies to perpetrate this scam and Paypal is aware of this.  100's of consumers have been scammed by this company and Paypal knows about it and has given the buyer the same answer as me.  Ship it to China at your expense.  Better Business Bureau has been contacted by both me and most of the others that have been scammed.  So am I being unreasonable that Paypal no longer backs us, the consumer?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dabel 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.
Also Paypal may contribute towards return costs IF you have activated the below link (if available in your country).
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dabel
Contributor
Contributor

Basically Paypal has told me in many messages and phone calls that I've exhausted every avenue with them, they stand by this fraudulent company and apparently has had their back since they started their business with Paypal, even through many different name changes and addresses.  Paypal used to have common sense with disputes, I doubt they read one message, they can't possibly if they have agreed with this company so many times.  This is just a drop in the bucket to the folks that have been scammed, doing research I'm seeing complaints via facebook, swagbucks I even opened up a case with Better Business Bureau and given all this information to Paypal.  So the old policy of Paypal protection is no longer valid, their is no protection through Paypal, you're on your own here.  So I've asked my bank to do a charge back, I've opened cases with Better Business Bureau with both AZCozy and Paypal since Paypal is in bed with scammers now.

These are the list of I've found during my research:

AZcozy Bedding Sets, Harrison, Texas 07029
AZcozy Homey Rugs - Sunset, LA
AZcozy Adorable Round Carpet -- Pineville, Kentucky 40977
Azcozy Homey Store -- Curlew, WA
AZcozy Homey Quilts and Comforters -- Raymondville, MO
Azcozy Comforter -- Stone Mountain, GA
Azcozy, -- 10685-B Hazelhurst Dr Houston, TX 77043
AZcozy -- 16014 Adelante St Ste C, Irvindale CA 91709

Again, none of those addresses belong to AZcozy, they just use other companies addresses apparently with Paypal's blessing.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.