Is PayPal hacked? Sept 2021

ALP71
Contributor
Contributor

Is PayPal hacked? I received 2 emails about providing extra details before 1st March 2005 or account would be limited. I ignored these and went straight to PayPal. In my notifications I have the same 2 messages?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Celeste

Hi there @ALP71,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the Community! If you received a notice via email and through your account, it is possible PayPal may be requesting more information. I would recommend reviewing your Resolution Center for information regarding this as well as any details needed to Resolve the Account. For further assistance, you can also get in touch with our customer support team by selecting Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page. I hope this helps!

Take care,

- Celeste

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Celeste

Hi there @ALP71,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the Community! If you received a notice via email and through your account, it is possible PayPal may be requesting more information. I would recommend reviewing your Resolution Center for information regarding this as well as any details needed to Resolve the Account. For further assistance, you can also get in touch with our customer support team by selecting Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page. I hope this helps!

Take care,

- Celeste

Login to Me Too

ALP71
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for that. I loved into PayPal on my laptop and checked. Turns out all they wanted was my address and it was a genuine email request. Very weird that it said by 2005 though.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.