Is PayPal Broken? Are they running a scam?

b0xed
New Community Member

Recently(Dec 1) Paypal limited my account and asked for - 1. Identity confirmation, 2. Proof of financials, 3. Proof of address.

In the Identity confirmation tab, Paypal gives a few options along with Bank Statement. So I selected the bank statement option and uploaded it.

In the proof of financials tab, it asks for a few options along with a utility bill option. I uploaded the utility bill.

In proof of address, they ask for either a tax return or a student statement! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? EVEN COPS DON'T ASK FOR TAX RETURN UNTIL YOU ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION BY CRA. WTF PAYPAL? Anyway, I uploaded a student statement and contacted customer support showing my concern and saying I need to withdraw money fast so can they check my documents fast! A retard representative replied, "I can see your account has been limited and before you make any transactions, please verify your identity". Come on! I contacted them saying I've uploaded the documents and if they can check them fast because I have to pay bills otherwise collection agencies will be after me. I didn't know PayPal hired retards.

Fast forward to today, I've received an email saying they couldn't verify my identity and I need to upload a govt. issued ID card and utility bill(!). For example, they mentioned I can upload a phone bill! So what did I upload before? Anyway, I logged into PayPal, checked my notification, and went to the Identity confirmation dashboard to upload the documents they asked for. To my surprise, there is only one option left for me in there, either a tax return or a student statement! So what did the email mean? There was absolutely no option for me to upload id card or utility bill. I didn't contact PayPal because I am afraid another retard agent will try to help me. At this point, frustrated, tried to close my Paypal account, PAYPAL ISN'T LETTING ME CLOSE MY ACCOUNT! I AM BEYOND MAD AT THIS POINT! IS PAYPAL SERIOUSLY RUNNING A SCAM?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.