Is Fansunit a scam company?

Dealaranger
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a 2018 New Electric Surfboard form them and received a tracking number that is no good.

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

F_Mate
Contributor
Contributor

I've just logged a Resolution Centre ticket and sent a message to the seller. Of course I'm not expecting a reply. I also emailed them via their listed customer service email address on the 16th without reply. Knowing now that others have fallen for them I'm not expecting a reply or response from them at all. I just logged it as evidence I've tried to resolve it with the seller. I'll escalate it in a couple of days.

Login to Me Too

KaNoQc
Contributor
Contributor
I got an answer from Fingertip Interactive : Hello Karine, LZ659168815CN Dear friend, thanks for your support. Please kindly provide the picture of the goods you have received and return it to us. We will give you a refund after receiving the cargo. Thanks. - Fingertip Interactive Tech Co.Ltd, Sunday, August 19, 2018 at 5:00:39 AM
Login to Me Too

KaNoQc
Contributor
Contributor
Aaannnddd this is what I answered to the email of Fingertip Interactive : Please provide me with a valid adress where I can ship you the goods. Since tons of people reported that you give false adresses and the item is always returned to them, I ask for a real and valid adress. I also want to know how many days it will take to refund the item, since I want to make sure that you will not avoid the refund by pretending eternally that the refund is under process. - Karine Nault, Sunday, August 19, 2018 at 10:43:30 AM AND SO THE ROUND OF ANSWERS, FALSE ADRESSES, WAISTED MONEY, ANSWERS ETC BEGINS!
Login to Me Too

KaNoQc
Contributor
Contributor
Don't worry. They know the rules of Paypal and they are using them to their advantage. They will reply to you and ask you to send the junk back to China. Per the rules of Paypal, you will have to send it back to China with a tracking and make sure it is delivered to the adresse they gave you. Be careful, someone sent it back by Fedex, not knowing that Fedex would only deliver the junk to a post office in China, and not to the adresse the fraudsters gave. Therefore, the person was not able to get her refund. (Yep, it couldn't be more ridiculous than this). Also, the adresses they give are false or incomplete adresses. It has been said over and over in the Paypal Community section and on the social medias. But to no avail. By the rules of Paypal, you have to play along the game of the fraudsters...
Login to Me Too

Blaze22
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal 100% supports this scam company and NO one is actually getting a refund. I am being made to RETURN the $10 roll up drum toy BEFORE I will get the refund. The MASSIVE problem with that is the shipping will cost $107 for a $10 toy that I never saw or purchased and my refund would only be $99.99. So do the math I get ROYALLY **bleep** and PayPal gets the WIN.
Login to Me Too

Dealaranger
Contributor
Contributor

I did receive my refund to my bank account. Strangely enough an item did arrive by US Postal Service and the box was torn on a corner. I did refuse delivery and the mail carrier took it with him. Looking in the box through the tear in the box I was able to make out that is was a $10.00 Boogie Board sort of thing made out of foam. It definitely WAS NOT an electric surfboard in any shape or fashion. The ad that was used to perpetrate this fraud on me and several other thousands of people showed a video of a really cool product but what arrived was not what I purchased. This was fraud plain and simple. Never buy anything from a Facebook advertisement period, now and forevermore.... Scam, Fraud, buyer beware. 

Login to Me Too

Blaze22
Contributor
Contributor
You got the refund because you refused the package. My package was opened and because of that I couldn’t refuse it. And now Pyoal expects me to spend $107 to send it back to get my $99 refund. Seems stupid and ridiculous to me and PayPal needs to change up yheir policies. That is NOT buyer protection.
Login to Me Too

Dealaranger
Contributor
Contributor

Incorrect. I got the refund over a week ago into my bank account. The item arrived just this last Saturday and was refused. I hope you get a better resolution than what has happened. Open a new dispute as what you purchased is not what you received. I know it sucks but it's their game and you have to play by their rules. I myself have learned from this and will never buy anything from a Facebook advertisement period. Facebook announced they want to compete with AMAZON. Never happen. I don't get fooled twice. 

Peace and good luck. 

Login to Me Too

Blaze22
Contributor
Contributor
I finally got resolution with my case after several emails and then speaking directly with a person. My full money was refunded. For those in this same situation escalate the claim immediately and tell PayPal you refuse to send the item back if that is what they ask you to do. My package was opened by a family member so I could t bring it back to the post office to refuse it. If it is unopened then you can bring to the post office and refuse it and they have to ship back for free.
Login to Me Too

jsburkhart
Contributor
Contributor

I am happy to report that although I was scammed by the seller Fingertip Interactive Tech Co.Ltd aka Fansunit on the purchase of an electric surfboard for $199.99, only to receive a $5.00 foam boogey board, I filed a claim with PayPal immediately (also sent the seller an email which was not returned) and was quickly refunded without hassle. The most important advice I can give is to CALL PAYPAL AND PLEAD YOUR CASE WITH A HUMAN BEING! I saw the dispute going back and forth in the system and was worried no real person would give it the proper attention or read my complaint, as the seller had quickly sent PayPal the tracking details (which I had received) and I was afraid that would be enough. I took the time to call PayPal and surprisingly was talking to a rep within seconds of pounding the "0" key on my phone (don't waste time with the prompts, just pound that "0" button). I explained my concern and the situation to the seemingly American and English speaking rep who agreed to add notes to the case and try to help get it resolved in my favor. To my surprise I found an email from PayPal shortly thereafter that they had ruled in my favor and I had the $199.99 back in my account! I even get to keep my $5 boogey board as a reminder to be more careful when dealing with such sellers, even if they show up on a legitimate website and accept guaranteed forms of payment. My faith in PayPal is restored!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.