Invoices and buyer protection

Tomasm40
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.

So i sold an item to a buyer 8 days ago. Buyer sent me two invoices with 400 and 100 euros. Both invoices are marked as paid and i got them in my activity list and gmail. I upload screenshots with buyer chat, when he said that he removed buyers protection and now bank transfer has to finish the work. At the beginning i was afraid if this invoice stuff, so i told him that i don't like how this works and i want to see money in my balance now, but he told me that he has to remove protection and after that i will get hold of money. So after a hour conversation he flamed me that i want to scam him and money is already sent, that he report me to paypal and ingame GM so i get banned. He told me that he will send another 100 euros, so i can trust him. After second invoice i was like okay, those invoices seems fine, they are paid and i tough like first time it's all right, i will trust him. I sent him ingame item, he told that he removed protection and sent me screenshot. Right now i want to be sure, i do get money or no, because it's annoying when i can't get help from paypal support and i do wait hours and hours for nothing.prot.png6.pnginv2.pngsold.png1.pnginv.png

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Tomasm40
Contributor
Contributor
Why my images were deleted?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tomasm40 

If it was marked as an invoice then its probably a scam doing the rounds as its been sent by a buyer and altered to look as though he has paid you.
Signs its a scam are >>>
its an invoice BUT sellers send invoices not buyers
marked as paid
marked as gift
says payment won't show in your balance for eg 24 hours
can't be chargedback.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send anything until the funds are showing in your paypal account balance.
Paypal payments are more or less instant.
Paypal will never tell you that a payment can't be subject to a chargeback if thats what scammers are still putting on invoices.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.