Invoice from seller stated one price but they took more than the agreed selling value

variable007
Contributor
Contributor

How is it that PayPal can deny my claim from a seller who advertised an article at one price but when the seller took the cash from my PayPal account he added another £7 !!! PayPal said that this does not come under the terms of a claim...why not! they never gave me an answer only closed the case ..very unsatisfactory as that amounts to a fraudulent activity which could happen again so using PayPal in future does not look like an option if people can use a backdoor to take more money that they should have done and I have no recourse to stop it....terrible decision by PayPal what if this had been for a significant amount of money  ...'🤬

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@variable007 

Paypal processes the payments you authorise so you must have clicked to pay that amount when you completed checkout.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

variable007
Contributor
Contributor

Not the case with this payment  ......the invoice I authorised showed the correct amount that the  seller was charging  me  but when the seller sent it  through to PayPal it was higher .PayPal say sometimes tax is added to the invoice after the payment is agreed. My response is that that should not happen ..the agreed price on the invoice which I have shown to PayPal  indicates  the price I agreed and says 'charged to PayPal' I can show you this if you want to see it.

It should not be able to do once the price is agreed . 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.