International scam?

Horse_spit
New Community Member
I'm new to selling on ebay and less than 1 month into selling I sold an item 4-1-20 for $180 plus shipping to a buyer in Japan. Once the item left the US the tracking has said in transit with an estimated arrival of 5-14-20. On 4-29 the buyer opened a dispute asking for a refund because he hasn't received the item. This seems very suspect asking for a refund 2 weeks before it's supposed to arrive. They have the tracking information. PayPal has already put a hold on the money which I also think is bogus being they also have the same tracking information. Today I read the post office can't track packages outside of the US without paying for outrageous shipping costs. Shouldn't there be some warning from USPS and eBay about this? I assume I'm also going to be out the item and the money? I've also sent an item of similar value to Russia so now I'm waiting to replay this all again soon. Is there anything I can do or am I just **bleep**?
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.