International dispute

DrPeterShield
Contributor
Contributor

I am a disabled 87 year old Male. I purchased a Mobility Scooter from China (Dispute Case ID: PP-D-92425922). I was sent a key ring worth 50 cents! I was advised that my case was approved for a refund but only if I returned the key ring! I live miles from a post office and travel is very difficult. I made numerous attempts to communicate with PayPal via messaging but to no avail, presumably due to the time difference as I am located on the Island of Malta. The return address they sent me was written in Chinese and the additional cost of return postage was not offered! My case was therefor dismissed because I failed to return the junk they sent me. I believe suppliers who commit fraud should be made to supply what they promised.  I was recently told of another  local individual who fell for the same scam!Scan 2.jpg

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DrPeterShield 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DrPeterShield
Contributor
Contributor
Sincere thanks.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.