Intangibles Purchase Protection

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

I contacted customer services a few days ago regarding additional information on a dispute on an intangible good that was decided against my favor (the seller completely revoked my access), but never received a response, so I proceeded to "chat."

The chat representative, Byron, claimed that "this is an intangible good that is not as described so there would just be no covered for you." After I explained that nowhere in User Agreement is it stated that Purchase Protection does not cover intangible goods, he replied "it does," yet he failed to support both his claims and continuously rebutted, "it has just always been our policy so that is what I have to stick."

How can something be "your policy" when your legal agreement states nothing of it? If this really is your policy and Byron was not misinformed, is this not a lawsuit waiting to happen?

Again, the User Agreement only states that real estate, financial, business, vehicles, custom made, donations, prohibited (drugs/illegal), in person, industrial, government, and gambling products are not covered under PayPal’s Purchase Protection program. In stark contrast, the Seller Protection portion states under "Ineligible items and transactions" that digital goods are not covered. Please, read it yourself.

I've emailed PayPal once again regarding this dispute (my previous email sent a few days ago was ignored) and their policies on Purchase Protection, but have yet to receive a response.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.