Intangible goods purchase

cowsgo

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-Limitations/Intangibles-Purchase-Protection/m-p/164...
This basically happened to me, i opened case, talked with seller for an hour and found out he was lying so i escalated to paypal. Paypal got sellers response but the case was closed in his favor. The reply i got from paypal after contacting was "item not described is not covered for digital items." I have a lot of screenshots proving I was scammed but did not provide when i escalated the claim, i dont know if that would have changed it. The seller even got banned on the site he was selling on from my report.

Is paypal going to let sellers scam people even though theres proof?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

cowsgo

what made it worst is he said something and then blocked all communication with me after winning the claim.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cowsgo 

Paypal gives 'some' buyer and 'some' seller protection but the onus is on all of us to read up on that protection so we can risk assess our transactions.

You do not have buyer protection for virtual/digital items that are not as described, you can buy them but at your own risk, which you did and sadly lost out.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.