Injustice from Paypal

maskad
Contributor
Contributor

Please want to know if I am right or wrong.

I want to buy a software and the person sent me two file claiming to have contained the software.

Those files were encrypted with password and the seller refused to give me the password.

Now the seller makes an invoice also send me the encrypted file which I don`t know the password, refused to release the password.

Now paypal have rules the case in favour of the seller.

So is possible to send a file to people and give them invoice and take their money like that.

This is very unfair, very very unfair. All because I am a black man from Nigeria. I could not understand how.

I used to think they are secured now i know they are as vulnerable as bitcoin.

So disappointed

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@maskad 

You should read the buyer protection policy in paypals user agreement as there is very little protection for virtual / digital items unfortunately.

You can normally open a dispute for non receipt but not one for 'not as described' as it would be a difficult thing to prove.

If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card which you would have done in Nigeria then talk to your card issuer and see if they will chargeback for you?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.