Incorrectly resolved Dispute - Not in my favor

pkotha
New Community Member

Hello, does anyone have any recommendations on how to proceed further with Paypal when they incorrectly resolved a dispute in favor of the seller and against me when the seller was in the wrong. I ordered a product and then cancelled in within 20 mins of placing the order and requested a refund which was within the terms of their cancellation policy. I received no notification or communication from the seller and so I logged a dispute with Paypal asking them to contact seller on my behalf as they were not responding to me. Paypal said it will take 20 days to resolve but I did not hear back from anyone. When I asked for a status they send me back a note saying the case was resolved against me and in favor of the seller because seller sent them a confirmation of product being delivered to me. That is an outright lie - I have received no notification of any tracking information or shipping etc from the seller - ZERO communication from the seller and i have NOT received any product either from them. Yet Paypal does not reach out to me fo rverificaiton ut decides to side with the seller - this is very unfair and dishonest practice. Has anyone had this experience and what recourse do we have as buyers who are being ripped off by the sellers and Paypal on top of that... I think I am going to stop using paypal going forward. HELP!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Good day @pkotha, it is my heavy heart knowing that your cased was closed in seller's favor. Since this is a public forum, no one will be able to see your account. I have to assume that the seller was able to provide a valid tracking. I appreciate the request to cancel a transaction, but this isn’t a feature or protection option that PayPal offers. Instead, we offer coverage for a buyer when an item isn’t received or is received significantly not as described. What you can do next, if you were provided a tracking number, kindly contact the shipping company to find the whereabouts of your parcel or to check if your street address is even on the address label. If the ship to address is not yours, get it in writing from the shipping office and appeal your dispute along with this evidence. Otherwise, PayPal will still rule against you even though you did not receive your item since seller provided proof of delivery. Please note that, it is not necessary for the documents to provide the actual delivery address, rather confirmation it was not delivered to your address as intended.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.