Incorrect shipping address provided by paypal.

MBRenegade
Contributor
Contributor

I have previously removed ALL old addresses from my account, however today I rushed a product (RTX 3080) through the checkout process as they have a tendancy to sell out very very fast, and over the past 3 days I have missed out of getting one due to being too slow during the checkout process. After placing the order I realised my shipping address was incorrect! Paypal provided this address and despite the address in my account on the store page AND the ONLY address linked to my paypal being the same, Paypal seems to have pulled an old address out of the ether and now I am stuck potentially waiting another week for stock as the seller is unable to change the shipping address due to fraud prevention.

This has happened before closer to when I removed the addresses so I assumed it was an error that would fix itself but that was months ago now.
Why has this happened?
How do I prevent this happening again? (other than making sure my details are correct before checking out obviously)

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MBRenegade
Contributor
Contributor

bumping my questions

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MBRenegade 

Bumping is against forum rules.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MBRenegade
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the bump, I do have another question actually so thanks for reminding me about this topic.

I have 2 old, now closed, bank accounts that I cant seem to remove from my account, I am wondering if these are somehow linked to my old address and this is causing the issue. Whenever I try and remove them I get the error "We're sorry, we're not able to process your request right now. Please try again later." However no matter how many times I try, or however long I wait I always get this error.  
Does anyone know how I can remove these. I am guessing the only way would be my phoning the call centre?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.