Incorrect item received

Brisybaby
Contributor
Contributor

Seller has agreed item is the wrong size, ordered a Uk size 10 doc Martin eight lace hole black boot, received a Uk size eight and a half doc Martin black boot of inferior quality.

Oringinally the seller requested the items return when I asked for a postage label, the request changed to you can keep the item and receive a thirty pound refund, when I declined stating after thirty years of wearing this size and style of boot an eight and a half was of no use.

The seller then offered a refund of the boots only a total of £49.00 and said I could keep the boots, which I declined as I had paid £9.98 postage and did not want the boots.

The seller then agreed a full refund of £58,98 but claimed he could not refund as he did not have the refund button.

what now are my options, time limitations etc as I am new to this type of problem. 

As a foot note the seller is apparently in China.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Brisybaby wrote:

Seller has agreed item is the wrong size, ordered a Uk size 10 doc Martin eight lace hole black boot, received a Uk size eight and a half doc Martin black boot of inferior quality.

Oringinally the seller requested the items return when I asked for a postage label, the request changed to you can keep the item and receive a thirty pound refund, when I declined stating after thirty years of wearing this size and style of boot an eight and a half was of no use.

The seller then offered a refund of the boots only a total of £49.00 and said I could keep the boots, which I declined as I had paid £9.98 postage and did not want the boots.

The seller then agreed a full refund of £58,98 but claimed he could not refund as he did not have the refund button.

what now are my options, time limitations etc as I am new to this type of problem. 

It seems as if the case has not been escalated to claim yet because you are still communicating with the seller through the dispute. If that is the case, the seller can indeed refund you within the dispute case so don't fall for that "missing refund button" or other excuse because that is what it is. If seller do not refund/close within the first 20 days of opening the dispute, escalate dispute to a claim to extend the timeline by 10 days and PayPal steps in to rule on the case. If PayPal rule in your favor, you will be required to return item for a full refund with tracking. You can also request return shipping reimbursement via "PayPal Returns shipping". Google it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Brisybaby

If you win a dispute for item received but not as described then paypal will tell you to return the item back to China TRACKABLE to prove delivery at your own expense which may cost a lot more than the postage you paid for, personally i would accept the item cost but up to you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Brisybaby wrote:

It seems as if the case has not been escalated to claim yet because you are still communicating with the seller through the dispute. If that is the case, the seller can indeed refund you within the dispute case so don't fall for that "missing refund button" or other excuse because that is what it is. If seller do not refund/close within the first 20 days of opening the dispute, escalate dispute to a claim to extend the timeline by 10 days and PayPal steps in to rule on the case. If PayPal rule in your favor, you will be required to return item for a full refund with tracking. You can also request return shipping reimbursement via "PayPal Returns shipping". Google it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.