Incorrect item from China

arabians
New Community Member

Ordered a Christmas toy for my grandson (didn't know China was the source of supply).  One piece was shipped; thus the toy was not complete. Not only did they not send what I ordered, they fought the dispute and indicated they would reimburse me if I shipped the piece back.  This would cost, at a minimum, the amount of the COMPLETE order if not more than what I paid.  They didn't even bother to offer shipping the complete pieces to the toy so it could be used properly.  How sad that there is no accountability on the part of the seller.  I was disappointed with PayPal because I had no option but to either: mail the piece back, or cancel my dispute.  I will be addressing this in writing to the company in England, but I'm sure there will be no success.  Lesson learned: DO NOT BUY FROM CHINA. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

seitaliankisses
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same issue with a seller from China I mailed the idem back cost me $20 but I did it cause I want my $88 I ordered from a website in which I thought was a lagit lysol company $88 worth of stuff they sent me a magnet number 3 in the mail no bigger then a quarter I was like no way! This is not what I ordered I want my money back now this address they gave me in china since the 18th of Jan has still not been delivered to the scammer person my claim with paypal has been Open since December 7th 2020
Login to Me Too

Dnmdnm
Contributor
Contributor
They did the same to me and PayPal sided with them...I’m out a hundred bucks
Login to Me Too

THTX
Contributor
Contributor

It is a common scam called "Substantially Not As Described" and operates exactly as you indicated.  Extrotake.com is a prime example.  Note they will only use Paypal, because they can try to dispute and sometimes win.  If you were use a credit card through Paypal, you can take the dispute directly to your credit card issuer, they will usually credit you back no question. It makes your case a bit quicker if you provide the e-mail thread of how the seller only wants to refund a minor part of the original price, and a copy of the vendor's return policy on the website (which will inevitably say full refund and we pay for returns if we ship the wrong thing).  I have noticed, since I was scammed in December 2020, that the sites quickly disappear and word-for-word sites with a different name pop back up with a different logo and slightly different lineup of products, usually through Shopify.  Yahoo and Verizon Media (which places the ads on Yahoo) carry many of these these sites, allowing them to pop up frequently. I have written Verizon Media and questioned if they ever vet these advertisers, with no response.   Similarly with Shopify, with no response.  A current one that just popped up using Extrotake text (including broken English) is outdothere.com.  The domain name was acquired 4 months ago, but the URL only popped up in the last few days.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.