Incorrect goods sent by Seller

Sunny555
New Community Member

I purchased the goods from the seller and paid £27.98 including the delivery using Paypal. The seller than send me the incorrect goods a very cheap one does not even cost more than £1 in pound shop. When I complain to the seller he offered me $5 and keep the goods with me. I rejected the offer and open the dispute with Paypal. I explain what these scammers do they deliberately send you the wrong goods and when you complain them they offer fraction of price you paid or ask us to return the goods at our expenses. This time these scammers offer me the full refund but ask me to return the incorrect goods back to them at our expenses back to China. The Paypal allowed seller for request for return the incorrect parcel back to them at our expenses. This is outrageous. So where is my Protection and why should I bear cost of returning back goods. If the seller has made mistake they have to pay for their mistake. I beginning to understand the Paypal, it is really not protection but it is all about making money from people like us by stating "Buyer Protection". So the more transaction is done through Paypal they get more money but at our cost. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sunny555 

If you actually read up on paypals buyer protection in the user agreement for your country then you will see that paypal are doing exactly what they say they will do. Nowhere do they say that they give you a 100% money back guarantee.

In the event of a dispute you choose your seller and not Paypal so you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you go ahead and buy from that seller / country.

Paypal state this >>
IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction...or the correct one for your country.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.