Inability to access funds because I'm 'under 18'. But I most definitely am not.

Woahthere
New Community Member

Hi there, 

I got a notification from PP noting that i need to update some info, specifically i need to input my DOB. I'm 18 years old but when i input my birth date it says I'm not. I'm aware this is likely because i set up the account when i was under 18. But I was wondering what my next steps should be? I'm growing severely frustrated with PP and have seemingly had problem after problem with it. Honestly, i just want to withdraw my money and never use it again but i can't even do that. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks, 

A

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Woahthere

You broke paypal rules and opened an underage account and you are frustrated with them as you can't withdraw those funds???

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.
PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will be subject to sending and receiving limits.

When you reach those limits you will be unable to verify your account so your account would be locked for further use.
Minors can’t enter legal contracts so you won’t have any recourse to get your money back.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Woahthere
New Community Member

I have no recollection of opening the account at all? But assumed that must be the case seeing as its suggesting I'm underage. Last month i went to create an account but my email was already in use and i simply assumed i must've already opened one. It had little to no details on it and no card attached to it. But i went with it unbeknown i appeared to be committing some kind of sin apparently. My bad? I was hoping for some advice as opposed to a scolding.

Thanks again,

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Woahthere

I gave you advice, I was just amazed that you blamed paypal for the fact you opened an underage account.

But no problem, sorry I replied to your thread, will back out now and go help others.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.