In serious need of help.

SpecVII
Contributor
Contributor
I have no idea what to do or how to go about getting anything fixed or even addressed. It all started 3 weeks ago. I tried logging into my account, which had never once been any kind of issue prior to then, on the exact same device I had always logged in with, using the correct information, and even on the same IP address. For some reason, a reason which I have absolutely 0 knowledge, understanding, or the slightest clue of to begin with, PayPal decided that it needed to verify my identity. Strange and out of the ordinary, but whatever, it wasn't a biggie, I'd just verify myself and things would be right back on track. Except it wasn't, not at all. Instead of giving me the option of having a confirmation code sent to my LONGTIME VERIFIED email address, I was given only one option, to have it sent to the phone number I used to set up my account. That doesn't make any amount of sense to me, and this was where everything went up in flames. I no longer have that phone number, I cannot access it and therefor am unable to use that method to verify my identity and due to being completely barred from even logging in, I couldn't even go in and add my current phone number either. I reached out to the support team on both Twitter and Facebook about resolving this issue, I explained everything and I asked why I wasn't being given the option to use my email instead like most other people can when this happens and if I could be given it, or any other option in general. After two days of waiting, I finally received a response. Problem is that response was hardly even a response at all. My question was completely ignored, it wasn't acknowledged in the slightest, all I was told was that I needed to speak directly with someone on here. Tried that, 3 weeks later, still not a response to be seen. I waited and waited for something, ANYTHING, anything at all that would help get this fixed, or even just begin to explain what was going on to me, and when none of that came my way, I tried to fix it myself. Since I was being given the cold shoulder by the support team on Facebook and Twitter and hadn't even been able to access my account for several days straight anyway, the first idea to come to mind was to just open another account. As mentioned many times at this point, I literally c o u l d n ' t and hadn't even been able to log into my account, so closing said account was out of question. I successfully opened it using my current number and everything seemed just fine with the new account, until I tried to add my card. Long story short, trying to add it ended up getting my account "limited", the reason being what I can only assume to be the fact that it was the same card I used for the account that I was being denied access to for no apparent reason. So by then, one account was barely even living and the other was in a coma. The "limitations" also bars me from closing that account too, so we were right back where we started, but in even deeper water this time. Yet again, I reached out to the support team and wasted even more time in doing so, as for the second time in a row, support was non-existent for me. I tried everything I could to get some answers or guidance, I asked if there was anything I could do about EITHER of the accounts at that point. I didn't care which one, I just needed to have one of them because I wasn't, hadn't been, and still am not allowed to do ANYTHING with my card on either one of the accounts. And once more, I get struck by that cold shoulder. Didn't get any information or help when they finally decided to say something severals days later, and what they did say gave me 0 insight on a single, solitary detail about squat. And with that, I was forced to try to fix it on my own AGAIN, because otherwise, nothing was going to be done and no progress was going to be made. After searching around online, I discovered that "limitations" can be lifted if requested information is submitted, a bank statement and a photo ID. I had another question for the support team because of this, but at this point I'm sure you know exactly how that went for me. I asked if it would be acceptable if my home address on my ID didn't match the one on my card or if that would still keep me from having these bogus "limitations" lifted, because since I had received my ID I had moved, my address isn't the same now and due to the pandemic, I haven't had the chance to update it, but also that every other piece of information was 100% accurate and consistent between the two and that my current address is the one that it linked to my card and bank account, and that I would be more than fine with confirming and verifying the authenticity of that if need be. Days and days passed, that was honestly just like clockwork for me by then, and no response at all. So then I mustered up every ounce of patience and will I had left after all of this and submitted the freaking information as it was. That was 4 days ago and it seemingly still hasn't even been touched by anybody yet. I really do not know what else to do. For the love of God, I'm at the point now where I don't even care what happens to either account. If they can't be fixed then I seriously would just prefer to be told that outright instead of continuing with the false hope of finally having this BS fixed. None of this makes any sense at all, it has been 3 weeks and I still don't even know why I was asked to confirm my identity for my original account in the first place, so with each passing day, the thought of getting any answers or help with anything else I mentioned becomes more and more farfetched in my mind. I just want to be able to use PayPal again, I don't understand why that's being made so difficult or why it's taken nearly an entire month for me to squeeze a stitch of information and guidance out of the support team. I don't even want to get either of those accounts back anymore, I want to start fresh somehow, I don't care if they get deleted off the face of the internet, I don't care what needs to happen, I just need something to happen because I'm at my wits end. Is there anything I can do to just have them closed? Any way at all that I haven't already attempted and completely failed with? Any help or info is greatly appreciated.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.