In regards to a dispute ruled AGAINST me

luiginyc84
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered an item from an online store. Received tracking info. The last update was from April 24th saying "Your item departed a shipping partner facility at 5:00 pm on April 24, 2020 in CHINO, CA 91710. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date." TWO WEEKS passed and this was STILL the latest update. No change. I emailed the company multiple times at different customer service or help emails they had and received no response at all. Finally on May 9th I opened the dispute saying the item was not received. Finally on May 22nd the tracking info updates saying item was shipped out and I received it on May 26th. 

The case was closed, however it was ruled in favor of the seller because "Valid tracking info provided by the seller." Technically this is true, but if I had not opened this dispute I dont think I would have ever received my item.

My question is because I was ruled against in the dispute will this have any kind of negative impact on my account? I hope not because it really should not. Yes it was resolved in the end but it took me opening the Paypal dispute to get them to send the item out. So i dont see how they come out as the "winner" in this situation.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

jjcrff
New Community Member

Hey guys. If you are a seller do NOT accept payment by the the buyers bank credit card. Always accept payments through Paypal only.

My case is that a buyer purchased one of my items. In this particular case I do not accept returns other than if the return was defective or it was not as described. The buyer attempted to return the item because he changed his mind. It was not the item he wanted. He filed a return through Ebay and Ebay closed it in my favor. The buyer then wrote a negative feedback. Of course, Ebay removed it.

A couple of months after, I receive a package with the item that the buyer purchased from me. Shortly after I receive a notice from PayPal that the buyer had opened a case against me claiming that the item he received was not as described. To make the story short, Paypal was no help at all. The buyer filed a complaint through his credit card institution and a charge back was done against my Paypal account for $125, the cost of the item. Seller protection do not fall under this circumstances.

How about them apples! I was **bleep**.

I will not be surprised if PayPal remove this post.

At least someone might read it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.