In regards to a claim (item not received - scammer)

ER100
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I purchased tickets just over 2 months ago from gumtree. Turns out the purchase was a scam and in fact the seller had no intentions of sending me out the tickets. I sent them the money to the scammer using paypal via goods and services and not gift/family & friends. I tried contacting the seller multiple times via gumtree and email, to which I got no reply. When I went to contact paypal about getting a refund, they advised me to try to sort the problem out with the seller before escalating to a claim. Knowing I wouldn't receive a reply from the seller, I sent them a message over paypal anyway and waited two days. I then escalated the dispute to a claim and sent a long message to paypal stating all the details about my communication with the seller and what happened. This was on the 29th June. Since then, the status of the claim has been  "We requested additional information from the seller about this transaction, 

The seller has been asked to respond by 9 Jul 2018. Once we receive the information, we'll continue our review of this case."  and it hasn't changed. I waited patiently until July 9th not expecting the seller to respond anyway. It is now 13th July, 4 days after the deadline for the seller's response, to my knowledge there has been no response,  nor has paypal contacted me in regards to what happens next and if they are proceeding to review my situation. I have tried contacting them but all I received was an unhelpful automated message. Does anyone have any advice for me, or know how long paypal takes to get back to customers in regards to claims, what they're likely to do next?

I just need some reassurance. Many thanks for your help and support.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.