cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In conflict with seller

SOLVED
New Community Member

In conflict with seller

I returned product back to seller and he received the product. In his messages he told he will refund my money. Now he said paypal already took money from him. he is telling me to close the case. I didn't received refund. Can i close the case without receiving money into my paypal balance? Or what should i do ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Volunteer Advisor

Re: In conflict with seller

@ChaitanyaMalla

NEVER close a case until you have a cleared refund. If he had issued you with a refund the dispute would have closed automatically.

The fact the case is still open means you have not got a refund yet.

If you haven't done so already then escalate the dispute to a claim and make sure you provide paypal with a tracking number to prove delivery of the item back to the seller.

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
5 REPLIES
Contributor

If you close the case right now w/out you receiving your refund 

-- you cannot reopen the case anymore and you will rely on your sellers word for it . If he did not refund you after you close it that will be it  :Smiley Sad

--- if you open up  a dispute especially on PayPal let them handle it  but make sure you escalate the dispute to a claim

New Community Member

That's what I felt. So I escalated it to PayPal now. They will review it. Thank you so much.
Volunteer Advisor

@ChaitanyaMalla

NEVER close a case until you have a cleared refund. If he had issued you with a refund the dispute would have closed automatically.

The fact the case is still open means you have not got a refund yet.

If you haven't done so already then escalate the dispute to a claim and make sure you provide paypal with a tracking number to prove delivery of the item back to the seller.

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
New Community Member

I escalated it to PayPal, just now. I also provided tracking number in previous mails and he also messaged me that he received product. I think PayPal will read all those messages. Thanks man 😉
Contributor

no worries  Smiley Happy