In conflict with seller

ChaitanyaMalla
Contributor
Contributor

I returned product back to seller and he received the product. In his messages he told he will refund my money. Now he said paypal already took money from him. he is telling me to close the case. I didn't received refund. Can i close the case without receiving money into my paypal balance? Or what should i do ?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ChaitanyaMalla

NEVER close a case until you have a cleared refund. If he had issued you with a refund the dispute would have closed automatically.

The fact the case is still open means you have not got a refund yet.

If you haven't done so already then escalate the dispute to a claim and make sure you provide paypal with a tracking number to prove delivery of the item back to the seller.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kororo
Contributor
Contributor

If you close the case right now w/out you receiving your refund 

-- you cannot reopen the case anymore and you will rely on your sellers word for it . If he did not refund you after you close it that will be it  :Smiley Sad

--- if you open up  a dispute especially on PayPal let them handle it  but make sure you escalate the dispute to a claim

Login to Me Too

ChaitanyaMalla
Contributor
Contributor
That's what I felt. So I escalated it to PayPal now. They will review it. Thank you so much.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ChaitanyaMalla

NEVER close a case until you have a cleared refund. If he had issued you with a refund the dispute would have closed automatically.

The fact the case is still open means you have not got a refund yet.

If you haven't done so already then escalate the dispute to a claim and make sure you provide paypal with a tracking number to prove delivery of the item back to the seller.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ChaitanyaMalla
Contributor
Contributor
I escalated it to PayPal, just now. I also provided tracking number in previous mails and he also messaged me that he received product. I think PayPal will read all those messages. Thanks man 😉
Login to Me Too

kororo
Contributor
Contributor

no worries  Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.