Im 16 and have account limitation please help me

TraxxDemon
Contributor
Contributor

Im 16 and i recently earned 5 dollars from a giveaway and only have paypal to store it in and i cant because my account is limited i need help please

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TraxxDemon 

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.
PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.
As you would be unable to verify your account it would be locked for further use.
Minors can’t enter legal contracts so you may not have any recourse to get your money back until you were 18.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TraxxDemon
Contributor
Contributor

Then how do kids at under 18 have a bank and all that stuff while working and ive seen alot of my friends having money in their paypal, i need my 5 dollars in my account or ill lose it forever its hard earning money from a giveaway and i need it in my paypal for later use in the future

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TraxxDemon 

Some banks allow under 18's to have accounts, Paypal is not a bank and does not and states that in their user agreement.

If your friends are using underage paypal accounts then at some time they will have their accounts limited as well. Even if they are 25 before paypal finds out (and they will once you have to  provide i.d. to verify your account to receive funds) it would be limited as it was created when the user was underage.

When you are 18 then you can ask paypal if they will allow you to open a new account and transfer the funds over to that one for you. (As long as the account is in your legal name and not a fake name!!!)

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TraxxDemon
Contributor
Contributor
So you're saying the money I jus received from the giveaway is gonna be lost? I can't even accept the money to my account I tried hard playing games to earn those 5 dollars and PayPal is the only place they can send the money to.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.