If PayPal account is on hold, you can refund to the case opener?

Kash007
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I submitted a case in PayPal against a seller that he didn't deliver me what was promised. The same day he sent me an email that please close the case and I am ready to refund you. I said why don't you refund the money through your PayPal account instead of requesting me here on email. He says that my account has been blocked until this case will be resolved, therefore, I cannot refund you immediately. I need to close the case first. What I should do now? He is telling a lie? or really what is the accurate procedure now?

Thanks for hthe elp!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kash007

If you had to close a case to get a refund then it would be pointless having a dispute process at all.
NEVER close until you have a refund, if he refunds you then that would close the dispute automatically.
If he doesn't escalate to a claim.
Do not close it or he can ignore you and you can't open a second dispute OR re-open a closed one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kash007

If you had to close a case to get a refund then it would be pointless having a dispute process at all.
NEVER close until you have a refund, if he refunds you then that would close the dispute automatically.
If he doesn't escalate to a claim.
Do not close it or he can ignore you and you can't open a second dispute OR re-open a closed one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.