Identifying a vendor

HELPNYC912
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

My grandma has three charges over a three day period on her credit card statement that reads "PP Travelz Elmont NY" She did not make these purchases and both her credit card company are giving us a hard time reimbursing heralthough I've explained to them she does not have a paypal account.  Paypal is saying the payment was only processed through paypal by the vendor and her bank is telling us because her card has a chip and can't be cloned it they don't believe it was fraud. I've spent hrs online trying to identify the vendor but with zero luck. Does anyone have any suggestions on best way to identify a vendor? Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_April

Hello @HELPNYC912

If PayPal has advised that they were just the processor I would suggest asking to speak with a bank manager as this doesn't sound like an issue of cloning the card. Please explain to them when using PayPal to process a payment (just like any other online processor) that the full card number, expiration date, and CVV number is needed. The card itself wouldn't need to be present. 

-April 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.