INAD Return to China Who Pays Shipping?

Deb2901
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased merchandise from China. What I received is nowhere near what I bought, it’s as if they just sent me random items. Finally they have agreed to a return. What I am reading from the resolution center is that I am responsible for return shipping to China, and it will cost me $22 to send this crap back! That is SOO WRONG! They can send me random junk and I have to pay to send it back? This is an unscrupulous seller, and I don’t feel I should be responsible for return shipping when they have sent the wrong items. What can I do???
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Deb2901 

You are responsible for return shipping as it is not included in dispute/claim. PayPal cannot refund more than what you originally paid to seller. 

PayPal has refunded returns shipping program:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Deb2901 

You are responsible for return shipping as it is not included in dispute/claim. PayPal cannot refund more than what you originally paid to seller. 

PayPal has refunded returns shipping program:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Tinad520
New Community Member
I have the same issue. It’s so wrong. PayPal rep told me there is the return shipping refund, but only up to $30. It will cost me more than $30 to ship back my items to seller. Just to sum it up, I didn’t get the items as described, 1 item was damaged, file dispute, PayPal said seller offer partial refund, I replied saying beside not getting what was described, 1 of the item is damage, PayPal then ask to return the item but I have to pay for shipping. I message PayPal, the rep assured me that I will get the return shipping back, but only up to $30. I rush to usps to ship items out because they really only give me couple days to ship it back..it will cost me more than $30. At this point, I don’t feel right to ship the item back because I will loose out more money and there is risk that the package get lost then I won’t get my refund for the items at all. I asked to take the partial refund to avoid more lost, but PayPal rep told me that’s not an option for me now. The only option is to ship it back even though I have to pay shipping. Thus, buyer protection is not a protection at all
Login to Me Too

Deb2901
Contributor
Contributor
I agree! And if the seller isn’t willing to pay shipping to get the junk they tried to pawn off on buyers, PayPal should just refund and tell us to dispose of it.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.