I won a chargeback case, but did not receive my withdrawal fee back.

ameliageika
New Community Member

I stream on Twitch and received a donation of two dollars. Later the next day, the donation was disputed by the user and the donation was removed from my account. I was also charged a withdrawal fee, which left me a negative balance. I had to deposit money to fix this, so I disputed the case. Some weeks later, I won the case, and received back the two dollars donation, but that's it. Basically, it cost me eighteen dollars of my money to get scammed. This is ridiculous. The scammer only lost two dollars. My withdrawal fee should be given to me from THEIR account, causing them to experience the withdrawal fee and perhaps deter people from taking advantage.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ameliageika wrote:
I stream on Twitch and received a donation of two dollars. Later the next day, the donation was disputed by the user and the donation was removed from my account. I was also charged a withdrawal fee, which left me a negative balance. I had to deposit money to fix this, so I disputed the case. Some weeks later, I won the case, and received back the two dollars donation, but that's it. Basically, it cost me eighteen dollars of my money to get scammed. This is ridiculous. The scammer only lost two dollars. My withdrawal fee should be given to me from THEIR account, causing them to experience the withdrawal fee and perhaps deter people from taking advantage.

The sender were the one who filed a dispute with their credit card and PayPal charges a $20 fee to handle the credit chargeback for you because the chargeback is actually against PayPal but PayPal generally holds users liable for it and the reason you didn't get back the chargeback fee is because digital goods and services are not covered by PayPal seller protection so you are selling that at you own risk. I wouldn't be surprised if PayPal refunded the 2 bucks to you because the amount is so small. If the amount was significant, I doubt they would do it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.