I won Not as described - claim, i cant send "product" back

Jan77
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

seller send me fake product, plastic toy instead of the vacuum cleaner, I have ordered. It is a clear fraud in my opinion.

I won a Not as described claim, but PayPal wants to sell this fake toy back to seller, TRACKED! The price I payd for product was 200$, but to send it back tracked would cost about 300$. I cant afford to spent this amount of money to send it back to some cheater (not seller).

Is there any chance to get my money back without sending the fake goods back to China? I have screenshots of my ordor, photos of the fake product.

Thanks for any advice.

Jan

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jan77

In the event of a dispute you nearly always have to return the item back to the seller so you bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you the 'return shipping on us' option in your country.

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Derindasm
New Community Member

I have the same problem, received a completely different item to what I ordered. PayPal will refund me if I return it to China at my own expense. This is ridiculous it will cost more to return than what I paid. Unable to speak to anyone on the phone, so frustrating. I’ve never had this problem with PayPal before and always felt secure using their service.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.