I was victim of a scam from China. I received a cheap ring instead of the chair I ordered

Laurmp
Contributor
Contributor
I was victim of a scam. I opened a request to get my money back. The seller asked me to send back the ring to China and if it was received in "good condition" they would send me the money back. I read I am not the first one to be scammed through PayPal with this. To return the ring I would have to pay 60 dollars more and risk that the seller says that the ring was damaged. I expected more support from PayPal. The seller should pay the return fee in advance and be charged for the scam
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Watkinssara
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal does nothing to help their buyers who are scammed by China. I went through the same thing, and was given the run around for two months. PayPal does everything they can to protect the scammers. You’re better off disputing the charge with your financial institution. There should be a class-action lawsuit against PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.