I was told to close cases with a seller and still got scammed.

jdmx
New Community Member

My refund got denied even though I got scammed. I got told by the seller to close the first cases in order to receive what I had paid for. They still didn't do as they said they would. I didn't realize at the time that you cannot reopen cases. User error. So I attempted to claim under something else to get my money back. I need this money and paypal declining me has put me in a lot of trouble. I'm sure if I hadn't closed my first two cases I would've got my money back. But because I couldn't open again under the same issue I then lost my refund chance. Is there any way I could possibly get my money back? The seller is not an option as they scammed me and won't listen.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @jdmx,

Welcome the community forum and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry that you had a negative experience with this seller. Unfortunately if you chose to close a case we cannot reopen this as you report to us that the issue has been resolved. If you made this payment with a card through PayPal, I recommend speaking to your bank. They may have a claims process that can help you.

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.