I was sold a Lemon, help!

Brooks222
Contributor
Contributor
So I'm a single mom , I haven't had my own vehicle for almost two years ,. I worked really hard , saved my money . Then once I reached 4000 dollars I decided I could definitely buy a reliable car for that amount . I am a mechanics daughter so I thought if I search , research and be patient I could do this .. I finally found the perfect one .. it was beautiful , miles low , the couple I bought it from said all the right things , second owner only , only drove to work , stayed in the garage every night . They seemed like honest people , beautiful home, I felt I could trust them to some degree.. I gave them 4000 dollars signed the title and left . 5 days that car lasted me .. the transmission completely just shut down after 5 days . Being that it was a foreign car , the cost to put a new transmission in , (that's with labor deducted and parts , 4000 at min. To replace It. Upon research I found they are not the second owner , they are the 5th .. and found receipts in glove box showing transmission work previously . Now I know it's my fault technically for letting my guard down and trusting . But I worked so hard to save up that 4k .. I tried contacting them and they blocked me . I submitted a claim for items not at described. After 6 weeks , it was denied . I was thinking of opening an appeal .. any advice .. I feel like besides small claims court I feel like these people should be ashamed of themselves . If roles were reversed I would feel so bad .. but now I'm mad the denied the claim .. smh please help .
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.