I was scammed

ChristianAR1999
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I was scammed 50 dollars trying to by a ps4 account from ebay but the guy said to do it directly through paypal and not to pay through ebay so I did and he never got back to me with the account information. I would like a refund and I need help. I tried to file a dispute but it would only let me put that I had account activity that wasnt from me. I would really appreciate some help thank you
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @ChristianAR1999 

Hope all is well and safe.  I'm so sorry to hear what has happen to your account.  Now, i have a question so that i can help you, Did you pay this person as "payment for goods and services" or "Payment for friends and family" ?   Let me inform you this two types of Payment:

Payment for Goods and Services - If this is the one you clicked when you made the purchased then definitely we could protect you as this is covered by Buyer Protection that PayPal offers  to our buyer/customer.

Payment for Friends and Family  -  if this the one you select as mode of payment then i'm sorry but this is not covered by our Buyers Protection, what you can do on this is try to ask the seller to refund your money back or might as well file a police report and go after this guy.

At the later part of your post i was confused, can you confirmed me that the PayPal account that you use is yours?  or might as well contact our customer service for further assistance on this. All you have to do is go to our PayPal website at the bottom click the contact option besides help, once you click  "contact" it will route you to the page that say “Contact Us” click that and there will be options provided.

If it's still no response, then let's wait until our phone line becomes available. I hope i was able to assist you on your concern. Thank you for your patience and keep safe!

**** If you find my post very helpful enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. ******

Login to Me Too

ChristianAR1999
Contributor
Contributor
I paid as friends and family
Login to Me Too

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @ChristianAR1999 

I'm so sorry to hear that the payment option you selected was " friends and family" and as you know this was not covered by PayPal. What i can advise you now is file a dispute on your bank as well as have a police report so that this person can be oblige to return back the money otherwise face the consequence of his action once the police get him.  I just hope i was able to assist. Stay Safe. 

**** If you find my post very helpful enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. ******

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
@Teddy25, If somebody pays for something with F&F and then later files a dispute through their bank, would that not trigger a potential PayPal account limitations because of clear evidence that they used F&F for a reason it was intended?

Any feedback on that would be great. Thanks!

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @angelleye 

Hope all is well and safe.  To answer your question "if somebody pays for something with F&F and then later files a dispute through their bank, would that not trigger a potential PayPal account limitations because of clear evidence that they used F&F for a reason it was intended?"  What i can say to this is we will cooperate to their bank to get the money from this seller. Now with regards to limitations we have a team that investigates acct to ensure that all pp acct users follow strict policies and guidelines.  I hope i was able to assist you. Stay Safe. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.