I was scammed by PayPal

Miles8677
Contributor
Contributor

I will not be doing any business with PayPal going forward. I was scammed by a buyer and PayPal assisted them. The buyer received the merchandise and PayPal still took my money and gave it back to the buyer. PayPal would not return my money to my account. After I submitted an abundance of proof and showed proof that the buyer had received merchandise. So I no longer will do business with PayPal

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Curious, what proof did you submit to prove buyer received merchandise? Tracking number? I presume you called customer service to appeal the decision? 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Miles8677
Contributor
Contributor
Tracking info and I submitted screenshots of text messages between me and the buyer discussing the order. I asked him about how many uniforms did he have to verify correct amount. We text about couple sizes being wrong. He thanked me for the uniforms and few other things pertaining to the order, that verified that he got the order. It’s flat out ridiculous what PayPal did. They aided and abetted a scam. I called and told them that they might try to get money and uniforms. I sent Buyer pics and videos of the uniforms and they still didn’t close dispute. I thought that was suspicious. PayPal has every excuse in the book not to give me my money back. PayPal Buyers Policy does not cover custom orders. This is a custom order and I submitted proof to PayPal. They should have never took money out of my account.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

What sort of dispute did the buyer file? Not as Described or Item Not Received?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Miles8677
Contributor
Contributor
Item not received
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.