I was scammed and PayPal doesn't care AT ALL

Temp20230526CE
Contributor
Contributor

I bought an item on June 18, 2020.

Seller provided a tracking number.

I googled the tracking number and it was dated May 13, 2020......more than a month before my purchase.

See the problem?

I was scammed, filed a dispute, and paypal ruled in favor of the merchant "because he provided a tracking number that says the item was delivered".

I will never, EVER, do business with Paypal again. 

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20230526CE 

ok so you don't want to know the correct way to appeal then?

Only i am not going to give up my time to provide it if you are not going to be bothered anymore.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Temp20230526CE
Contributor
Contributor

Listen, my case was the easiest case to fix. Could have been resolved in less than 5 minutes.

#1.....Like I told Paypal in the beginning, I accept responsibility for making a purchase on what turned out to be a questionable website.

#2.....I was on a website. The only way to purchase was Paypal, I clicked it. It immediately took me to login to Paypal. I logged in. I completed the payment. The moment that I hit send, I recognized that the name on the website did not match the name of the seller on Paypal. RED FLAG #1. I immediately looked for a way to cancel the transaction, but no dice.

The seller immediately provided a tracking number. I googled it. It was for a delivery that was done a month prior to my purchase. RED FLAG #2.

I knew at that moment that I wasn't going to receive what I paid for. I had pictures of all the screens, the website, paypal transaction, the tracking number, everything. It's a slam dunk for fraud. Unbelievably easy to know it.

I filed a dispute. I uploaded all of the documents. I waited something ridiculous like 2-3 weeks for the seller to respond to Paypal. That is absolutely absurd. Terrible.

In the end, Paypal simply concluded that because the seller provided a tracking number, that they ruled in the merchants favor.

This makes absolutely zero sense. Did Paypal even investigate? How hard is it to take the tracking number that the fraudster provided to me and to plug in into google and see that the tracking number was from May 2020 and to then cross reference that information with my purchase date in June 2020?

Paypal did nothing to investigate. That's pretty clear because my case is about as simple as it gets. The seller couldn't even provide a properly dated tracking number for my purchase. 

So you think that I want to appeal my dispute? Dude it shouldn't have to go that far. My case is an easy slam dunk. So for that, I say $crew paypal, they don't care. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20230526CE 

Paypal did as you ask them and paid the seller of your choice.

Sadly you chose a scam China website or an ad on Social Media?

You can't cancel completed payments, the only option you have is asking the seller to cancel and refund.

However you can open a dispute for non receipt OR not as described.

If you open one for non receipt then its mostly AUTOMATED, so tracking supplied = seller wins. 

Paypal gives you 'some' buyer protection but its limited so you have to 'work' the system provided. 

Others have received a refund by appealing correctly but if you don't want to do so then thats fine.

Bye.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Temp20230526CE
Contributor
Contributor

My bank provided the refund because they're not some cheap corny **bleep** peer to peer payment system like **bleep**. Bye. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20230526CE 

Your welcome, bye.   🤣 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Temp20230526CE
Contributor
Contributor

It's "you're" fuggin clown 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20230526CE 

At least I have enough intelligence to read up on SCAM China websites so I don't get scammed.

So I will live with the typo.

🤣😂

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Temp20230526CE
Contributor
Contributor

At least you're def a clown that lives to get "kudos" on the paypal community site. Get a life dude, you said it yourself you're not even paid, so keep begging for attention. Clown.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.