I was scammed. Paypal automatically refund my money to the buyer after 6 months he bought my site

nvmc2018
Contributor
Contributor

I didn't log in to my email nor Paypal account from 13th May to 25th May. Today, I login to my Paypal account and see that PayPal automatically takes my money ($750) and returns to the buyer. This is a BIG SCAM EVER from the buyer.

- He bought my domain + website on Flippa since 6 months ago.

- I transferred everything about the website to him: domain name + website source + database + social network + email account + all accounts related. I have all evidence and provided to Paypal

- He confirmed that all are good and left a positive feedback on Flippa after 1 month.

- Everything is OK. I supported him and he was willing about this.

But now he scams me. He disputed to get my money after having all my website, domain, database...EVERYTHING.

I LOSE EVERYTHING due to Paypal automatically takes my money without my permission. I don't know he disputed until yesterday.

How can he do that after 6 months having my website with the positive feedback on Flippa?

Paypal, please return my money. I've disputed in Resolution Center. I provided all evidence to PayPal and waiting for the response.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

NormK1
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Ring Paypal resolution center just sends you in circles
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nvmc2018

A buyer has up to 180 days to file a dispute for non receipt of item or item received but not as described so it must have been within the 6 months that he filed.

If he opened a dispute you would have received an email telling you that one had been opened.

Normally you would be covered by seller protection but as it was a virtual item you would have no seller protection, you can sell those items but unfortunately at your own risk.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nvmc2018
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, I didn't login to the email nor my Paypal account so that I didn't know there was a dispute at that time. I've just known on the day before yesterday. The item I sold was a website + domain + social networks + email accounts,... (full website package) with all the evidence about domain transfer email, email confirmation, communication,...I provided them all to Paypal to review.

I've also appealed the dispute and Paypal has granted my appeal. They said that my money will be returned within 3-5 business days. Hopefully, I will receive the money soon.

Thanks for your support.

Chau

Login to Me Too

nvmc2018
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, the problem was solved. Thank you for your help!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.