I was scammed! Can I prevent a merchant from processing any payments?

NorwayRichard
Contributor
Contributor

I signed up to try a "2-week trial" offered by a merchant but their product was crap so I attempted to cancel my subscription immediately, within 1 hour of my trial start.

The merchant has made it impossible to cancel! Their "cancel subscription" links take you through a rabbit hole of impossible to navigate pages, finally ending with "in order to finalize your cancellation you must call our office in Germany"... but their phone number is fake.

Please help me block this scammer before they charge me for a subscription I never wanted!

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. Cheers!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @NorwayRichard 

Hope all is well and safe.  As a i read your post it seems that you are requesting for a cancellation of a subscription and that the cancel option was not present on the website of the seller.  Do not worry as our customer service representative can handle it for you, All you have to do is go to our PayPal website at the bottom click the contact option besides help, once you click  "contact" it will route you to the page that say “Contact Us” click that and there will be options provided.

If it's still no response, then let's wait until our phone line becomes available. I hope i was able to assist you on your concern. Thank you for your patience and keep safe!

**** If you find my post very helpful enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. ******

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.