I was ripped off by PayPal and a seller

Dollcollector2
Contributor
Contributor

I was denied a refund of $29.99 by the PayPal resolution center after waiting for 2 months. It was for a lifelike Baby Reborn doll. The item received was not as described. The ad was posted on Facebook. I started a claim in the PayPal Resolution Center. The seller offered an $8 refund. I wanted a FULL refund. I returned the doll PRIORITY USPS mail to the address on the return label. I paid for all shipping. The doll was accepted by a person in New Jersey, USA. I then received an email from CHINA Through PayPal that I must return the doll to CHINA. I sent photos of the doll, the return address, and Proof of return via USPS to the PayPal resolution Center as proof of my claim. After a wait I received a denial of my refund from PayPal stating that I had NOT returned the doll. I HAVE NO DOLL AND NO MONEY!!! I purchased an item through a FRAUDULENT website connected to PayPal which I trusted. WRONG!!! I have investigated this website and others have been RIPPED OFF just like me. PayPal should NOT BE ASSOCIATED with this site!! I have reported this website to an association that reports fraudulent websites. Facebook should remove this ad from their website also. Beware of Goodealsrus and Salvador <removed>. A RIP OFF!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Nola5049
Contributor
Contributor
Pay pal is doing me something similar. I ordered shoe containers from soofancy.com, didn’t know it was coming from China because I would have never ordered it and this was in the middle of July. I had a tracking number and after a while it just stopped giving me updates. I waited a month for my package never got it, I emailed the seller to let them know and they’re telling me it shipped and it should be at my local post office. I get to the post office they said it was sent back to China because it didn’t have the correct address but on my receipt from the seller it CLEARLY shows my correct address and the fact I’ve ordered at least 10 items and they all were delivered let me know this is some kind of scam with pay pal and the seller. How can we go about reporting pay pay?!?? Seems like they’re aiding the scammers!!
Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The only way to appeal (as far as I know) is to reach customer service via chat (message center), you have to get to a live agent to help you. Be prepared to have all evidence uploaded. If agent give you canned response and not willing to help ask to deal with another. Report scam websites at ic3.gov (ic3 dot gov) and keep prove of submission.

Most important, stop using PP even for trusted merchants. Spread the word about PP's complicity to scams.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.