I was recently scammed and paypal acknowledged the fraud, paypal is now denying this acknowledgment.

Jake-Yale
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all. I've encountered a complicated issue and I'm wondering if anybody can help.

I was recently scammed due to a chargeback related scam. Paypal acknowledged this was a scam but refused to allow me to dispute it. In further correspondence paypal denied this previous acknowledgment yet wouldn't allow me to dispute the payment even though there was clear evidence supporting my claim (that they accepted).

Paypal then told me to contact my bank. I contacted my bank and my bank worked with me and accepted my evidence along with paypals acknowledgment of the fraud.

Paypal has since contacted my bank to dispute the chargeback.

I've used paypal's correspondence to backup my claim. My bank is suggesting I seek legal action against paypal and I'm wondering does it actually need to be taken that far? It seems ridiculous to elevate what should be a clear case of fraud.

Thanks all!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.