I was notified yesterday that my account has been limited.

Sue-R
Contributor
Contributor

My account was limited yesterday, and I am being told that I have to provide a photo ID and purchase receipt from my supplier.  I do not know what they are talking about.  I do not have a supplier, I am not a business and I see no reason they they need a photo ID.  I have been with PayPal since the beginning and never had any issues.  Yesterday I attempted to make a payment to a store and they would not process.  The only change I made to my account was to remove an expired, cancelled credit card that I notices was still listed and added an new credit card.  Now I have tried to call numerous time and just get put on hold forever.   How can I actually talk to someone to find out what is going on?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

TapTapStyle
New Community Member
I made a donation yesterday and my account was instantly limited like this as well. I too am not a business, I only receive money from friends, and the only way to contact and ask about this is the automated messenger bot? I’m not uploading my license until a human tells me why I have to. If that means I’m done with PayPal, I’m fine with that.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

TapTapStyle
New Community Member
I made a donation yesterday and my account was instantly limited like this as well. I too am not a business, I only receive money from friends, and the only way to contact and ask about this is the automated messenger bot? I’m not uploading my license until a human tells me why I have to. If that means I’m done with PayPal, I’m fine with that.
Login to Me Too

Sue-R
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for responding.  I feel the same way, I am not a merchant and I see no reason why I should have to upload a copy of a photo ID.  I have been with Paypal since the beginning and never had any issues.  Now I have a merchant waiting for a payment that I cannot make.  I do not know how my account could have been restricted seeing as the only change I made yesterday was removing an expired, cancelled credit card and replacing it with an active card.  They have my banking and cc information a photo ID I am not doing. 

Login to Me Too

thecommonloon
New Community Member

Hi, Ive been with PayPal since 2016 - went to purchase something - blocked. Then as rest of you I 'suddenly' had to submit ID. My account had been approved then suddenly it wasn't ?

Had a long protracted 'chat' with them & told them to close the account - which they won't let me do.

Recently had an email saying I could now close my account - which I still can't  & I'm in credit? Which i can't access.

Faceless ****'s

Login to Me Too

Temp20201215e
Contributor
Contributor

please correct this for me please

Login to Me Too

adssd

Same experience happened to me today. A merchant sent me $1911 for selling a phone online. They are a 100% trusted reputable company but PayPal flagged my account as suspicious when the money came and held my money. I called them to complain and ask how I can get my money sooner. In response, they permanently banned my account and will hold my $1911 hostage for 180 days. It is CRIMINAL what PayPal did to me.

I think boycott PayPal  No need any more when finish my 180 days will never use PayPal will Build own  payment Getaway  all the world will forget PayPal soon 

Login to Me Too

organictech
New Community Member

Its a joke, I've been limited also and have money in the account on hold but they have continued to let me carry on selling and the money to remain on hold!  I have phoned, submitted information, they keep telling me that my account is being reviewed by back office.  I had an email to say my account had been restored but still couldn't use it, so I called them and they said its because you need to send proof of receipt from supplier!!!  Its because I have sold different items to what I normally sell, which is health and beauty but it doesn't give you an option to add a second thing in!  Since when do you have to stick with one line of product to sell?? Since 2007, I have been using eBay and Paypal and due to lockdown, I'm selling more and then this happens.  I have borrowed money to allow me to post out the items I've sold as the money in from customers is on hold.  Its disgusting!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.