I was just permanently banned for no reason

fooftrs6
Contributor
Contributor

So I was received an email today and message in my paypal account saying, "We noticed activity in your account that’s inconsistent with our User Agreement and we no longer offer you PayPal services."

I literally send money back and forth to friends, for nights out etc.  My fiancee sends me money every month to cover rent, and contribute towards our wedding and house savings.  Once in a while, I buy something online with my PayPal account.

I don't sell anything - i don't do anything like that.  It's a very non-exciting and uneventful paypal account.  Customer Support is being very standoff-ish, like I'm some sort of drug dealer.  They won't discuss it with me - they said i have to file a subpoena?!?!?!  I'm a regular software developer, with a fiance, saving up for a wedding and house - i'm busy, i am not paying hundreds of dollars for a subpoena to tell PayPal they made a mistake.  This whole situation is awful.  PayPal has made a mistake.  They won't discuss it.  Anyone had any luck with this?  Been in a similar situation?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fooftrs6

They don't give reasons but i suspect if you are using the friends / family option 'a lot' they suspect you are selling and using that option to avoid paying paypal fees.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

fooftrs6
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

Thanks for the response.  Well, i use my paypal account like twice a month.  Usually paying a friend back and my fiancee transfers money to me to put in a savings account.  So this doesn't make sense - and paypal took rather drastic actions.  I'm gonna file a subpoena to find out why and get it reversed.  I'm saving for a down payment for a house, and i dont want any potential back end negative marks linked back to me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.