I was charged more fees than in my previous transaction without explanation

99redballoons
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, my most recent transfer there is an issue. I transferred 450£ to X but they only received £432.25.

This was not a sales transfer and I did not use my credit card. I have transferred money to X before and they received the full amount. I contacted support but they could not explain this discrepancy to me. 

Can anybody help me? are there new hidden fees in 2019? I am worried I have to close my account if this is not cleared up.

thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi 99redballoons,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum! 

In general, it may be that your payment was subject to fees and this may explain why the amount received by your counterpart does not match the amount you sent. Some of the most common reasons why fees are applied for personal payments are cross-border fees or currency conversion fees. 

I would recommend checking the currency used to make/receive the payment and to ask your counterpart where is the PayPal account registered. You can find all the information regarding our fees here after selecting your Country at the top of the page and selecting 'User Agreement'.

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.