I was SCAMMED and Paypal is Not helping me!!

ninamarie8253
Contributor
Contributor

I found a lens being sold online by a person in Florida and asked questions about it.  Someone claiming to be the 'owner' of the lens emailed me and sent me a paypal invoice to pay for goods and services.  I paid and received notification that something was shipped on Tuesday.  I asked the seller if they could provide tracking. He said 'my wife accidentally send you a package that should be send to another address, no worry, you can accept the package and make it yours' (bad English).  I realized this package was coming from Connecticut and NOT Florida.  So I reached out to the person who made the original post on the forum and asked if this email was in fact his. He responded that this was Not his email and that he already sold the lens to someone else!  So the person I have been emailing is NOT the real owner and does NOT have the lens!  I just received the sellers suspicious package today - and it was a thin package smaller than an envelope with two half dollar Libre coins inside!!  I took photos of Everything and sent it to Paypal.

I've escalated it to a claim and got Paypal involved.  But they didn't seem to have even looked at my story or my photos of the tiny package or our conversations I've sent them.  Instead they told me I must ship the package back to the address specified in the dispute: THAILAND.  

This is Obviously a 100% scam.  Why am I being asked to return this item to THAILAND when they shipped it from Connecticut!?  No doubt this is a set up and a scam.  I will be out $730 if this does not get resolved.  I have been a loyal upstanding customer of Paypal for So many years, yet I can't even seem to get onto a real person at Paypal.  What do I do next?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

pearlredmoon
Contributor
Contributor

this is how Paypal operates as many 1000s of us have discovered. 

Login to Me Too

ninamarie8253
Contributor
Contributor

No no no no I refuse to believe nothing can be done. I can not loose almost $1k, I don’t have that kind of money.  I just feel like crying, Why is PayPal not responding to my emails? Why have they not even looked at my photos or videos? I don’t know what to do from here. What am I suppose to do now? If I ship these coins back to Thailand what is that going to cost me? Won’t that take forever? Will it be held up in customs because it’s Libre coins or whatever that means?? Will the seller just deny receiving the correct product? Why should I be required to do this at all when it is obvious that this is a scammer just messing with me!  Please PayPal take the time to look into this case and my emails and you will understand.  Please protect me.

Login to Me Too

lenasean9
Contributor
Contributor
I’m going through the same thing I’ve been a PayPal business customer for years and I check out with PayPal because they claim to give a extra level of security but they are allowing scammers to use the platform I purchased 3 large items from a seller a power wheel a baby bassinet and a mamaroo baby glider swing but the seller sent me 3 fake n95 face mask but because they added tracking information and it says delivered there’s nothing I can do but if PayPal would just look at the tracking information from China it says right there small packet sent first class mail now everyone knows in order to ship first class the weight has to be 1lb or under it’s says that on the usps website my 3 large to xl items approximate weight is close to 80lbs and I can’t talk to or message anyone from PayPal I’m disabled and only receive disability and these were gift to my grandchildren I’m so sad and disappointed I’ve read on google that scammers are using PayPal to scam customers in the US I just feel every one should join together and do a class action law suite because PayPal is helping these international sellers scam us and not doing as they promised to give a safe buying experience by just looking for a delivery notice and just closing cases without further investigation
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.