I’ve won PayPal case but seller is claiming item not received back in original condition

Chris616
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I’ve recently won a PayPal resolution case against a seller who sold me a damaged item. I subsequently left negative feedback. The item was returned back in exactly the condition it was received in, but the seller is now claiming I’ve damaged the item & the goods were not received in their original condition & has appealed the decision. The seller is being dishonest & it’s clearly a retaliatory action. I’m concerned that PayPal might reverse the decision/refund. If so, out of a position of dishonesty the seller may get to keep/re-sell the goods & keep the money ( which will presumably be charged back from my bank account via a PayPal direct debit). Can the seller get away with this? I’m comfortable with the amount of supporting evidence (screenshots, photos, etc) that I have but I’m concerned that PayPal may reverse the decision which was awarded in my favour. Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thank you
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Chris616,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues with a recent dispute case. Normally, once you've received your refund and won your case, the funds won't be debited from your account again. If PayPal would decide an appeal in the seller's favor, normally the funds given back to the seller would come out of PayPal's pocket. If any changes or updates are made to your case, they'll be made available to you via the Resolution Center or via email. You can read more about our Buyer Protection here.

I hope that helps!!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.