I've been scammed....

misaljo
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a shed thru facebook marketplace and used paypal to pay for it.  first, they sent me a confirmation email that had a link to my "order", which when i clicked it, nothing showed up.  then they didnt answer my emails about when it would be shipped.  so i opened a dispute with paypal.  then the seller sent me a tracking number.  well, the tracking number, per the local post office, was for a package that weighs just 4 ounces and it went to a post office box for a local church.  i added that to my dispute, and the seller resent the same tracking number.  is there anything i am going to need in order to prove that i did not receive my shed?  

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@misaljo 

Get official documentation from the USPS with the GPS delivery coordinates, and any info they can provide that verifies the delivery to a church's PO box and weight, file mail fraud report with USPS Postmaster General, police report and report it to ic3.gov

Gather all this information, pdf it all, and give PayPal Customer service to report the seller for seller protection program abuse and ask to upload these documents to PayPal:

To contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

If that don't work, I suggest opening a case with bbb.org under PayPal San Jose CA to get PayPal Office of Executive Escalations to review your dispute and provide the information to them.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@misaljo 

Get official documentation from the USPS with the GPS delivery coordinates, and any info they can provide that verifies the delivery to a church's PO box and weight, file mail fraud report with USPS Postmaster General, police report and report it to ic3.gov

Gather all this information, pdf it all, and give PayPal Customer service to report the seller for seller protection program abuse and ask to upload these documents to PayPal:

To contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

If that don't work, I suggest opening a case with bbb.org under PayPal San Jose CA to get PayPal Office of Executive Escalations to review your dispute and provide the information to them.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

misaljo
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.  lots of great info there.  i will see what i can get together and get started on it tomorrow.  thank you so much.

Login to Me Too

Squint13
New Community Member
Me too bit i recieved no coraspondance at all
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.