I've been scammed. Can anybody help?

Dino333
Contributor
Contributor
What do I do?.... I paid through PayPal(as a guest purchaser),to buy a product off the "buya.com" site,..the product never came. "Buya.com" is a site that represents a bunch of pawn shops from all over. When I checked my bank statement online...it said my money was sent to a minx[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]com/PayPal ,and my money went to this person's bank account in California somewhere. But the pawnstore the item was being sold was in Kansas. Anyway...buya.com told me I have to go to PayPal to complain, but PayPal says it has "no" receipt of my transaction!...what the hell!,...what can I do?... I've been scammed and can't even make a report, let alone get my money back. Some Chinese person (minx[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]com), us really smart and got my money some how. Anybody have any comments?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dino333 

When you paid, you should have gotten a PayPal email receipt with a receipt ID number on it. Grab that, and call customer service to open a dispute with that number. If that fails and you used a credit card, call the number on back of card to dispute.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dino333 

When you paid, you should have gotten a PayPal email receipt with a receipt ID number on it. Grab that, and call customer service to open a dispute with that number. If that fails and you used a credit card, call the number on back of card to dispute.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.