I tried to pay for an order with Pay For 4.

iqupid
New Community Member

I was not able to complete the order, have not received any confirmation email about the order, but see a charge by Pay For 4 on my account.

I decided to purchase a high value item using PayPal's Pay For 4 option. There was some sort of error during the transaction, and I was not able to place the order. It happened in between the agreement to use Pay For 4 and when I was supposed to be redirected to the vendor to complete my transaction. I do see a charge from Pay For 4 on my account, but I do not see an email from either Pay For 4 or the vendor confirming my order. Why did Pay For 4 charge my account when the transaction did not complete successfully? Has the order been placed? Is there an approval period for the order? I am not sure what is going on. 

@PayPal_Jo 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Marguerite624
New Community Member

I just had the exact same issue occur. So am I just out this money, or what? I've tried contacting PayPal several times to resolve this, and have not been able to talk to a human being. I'm so frustrated. 

Login to Me Too

Jonm1976
New Community Member
This has happened 3 times to me now. The money eventually goes back to the account but Pay Pal can’t seem to answer why it is happening.
Login to Me Too

Wsamantha17
Contributor
Contributor
How long before the money returns ?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.